Friday, December 3, 2010

Chutney Love...

I'm not a seasoned canner, but every time this year I prepare and can fresh jars of Cranberry Chutney to give as gifts to my friends and family.
The recipe only makes 6 half pint jars so I'm fastidious in choosing who receives a jar.

I love this simple recipe and using fresh cranberries to make it.

Canning is not difficult to do. Mostly time consuming. I don't use any special tools or gadgets to can. I have a large stainless still pan for boiling the jars and then remove them with a wooden spoon handle. That's kind of funny to watch, me maneuvering the glass jars on a narrow handle, but nevertheless it works.

Personally, I would much rather receive a handmade gift for Christmas over anything else!

Enjoy caring and sharing holidays.

Happily,

Jill 00
Two hugs are better than one

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...