Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pretty Little Coasters

I'm trying to sneak in this handmade post. The recipient reads Bittersweet blog but I don't think she comes to Calico Petals.
Making these pretty little cloth coasters for her for Christmas. Easy to pull togerther and sew, minus the ric-rac and trims. They are a bit finicky to add.
I'm sewing an assortment of six. Two each of the same swatch and trims.
I think they will fit in with the other handmade gifts I'm making this year. Cocoa and homemade marshmallows, herbal vinegar, cranberry chutney, toffee, Scottish shortbread, and maybe if I have time some "hot pads" as my grandma would say.

If you want to try your hand at making the coasters. Cut a four inch square of two matching fabrics. Then cut another four inch square of interfacing. I had thin interfacing on hand so I tripled the cut. Insert trim or ric-rac in the inside and make sure two fabrics are front to front, place interfacing on top of one and carefully sew around the edges making sure you attach the layers. Turn inside out and poke corners with something sharp making sure not to tear corners. Sew a running stitch along all four finished sides.

Warmly,

Jill 00

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...