Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gifts from friends...

I feel blessed to have caring and sharing customers/friends that honor and treat me with gifts.
Last Saturday a customer and friend, Marcy presented me with this adorable vintage bunny.
She also shared the story that came with the rabbit which made the gift even more special.
She had spotted the vintage bunny at a thrift shop years ago when her daughter was a wee one.
Marcy said the little pink rabbit had sat in her daughters nursery when she was a baby.
She recently began to clean out some of the old and thought it appropriate to return the rabbit to the thrift store in which it was purchased so many years before.
She returned to the thrift shop some weeks later only to find the pastel rabbit was still sitting on the shelf at the thrift shop.
She was saddened to see that no one had purchased the vintage rabbit.
Knowing that the thrift shop destroys items after a certain amount of time she quickly picked up the rabbit and purchased it once again.
She presented me with the sweet bunny and told me that story.
I am thrilled to have the ceramic rabbit as he proudly sits atop the apothecary cabinet in my shop.

Thank Marci for caring and sharing.

Jill 00
Two hugs are better than one

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...