Monday, July 12, 2010

Pretty Paper...


Most of you are like me and love pretty papers. While out and about I'm always on the look out for vintage wallpaper and bits & pieces of unusual paper items. 
The fascination with pulp traces back to when I was a young girl. I remember my collection of paper stationary to this day. One of my favorites was scented paper.
The paper doesn't necessarily have to be old for me to love. Nowadays, there are so many to choose from.
When I finish client design work I always fold their work into a pretty file folder like the ones above.
If you've never made hand-made paper before, I encourage you to. It's a fun summer craft.
Just tear up small pieces of newspaper or whatever paper you have on hand and place the pieces in blender. Add enough water to make a thick paste. Pour your pasty mixture onto large cookie sheets and place outdoors in a shady spot to dry for a day or two.
You can add flower blossoms or rose petals from your summer garden if you like.
Once your paper tray is completely dry. Peel and enjoy!

Enjoy caring and sharing summer days.
Happily,
Jill 00


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...